1. All advertising submitted is subject to the approval of the publisher. The publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertising content that does not meet the publisher’s standards of acceptance. On acceptance, publication is contingent upon space being available.
2. The subject matter, form, wording, illustrations and typography of all advertising are subject to approval of the publisher, but unless otherwise authorized in advance, no charge will be made without the consent of the agency or advertiser. Advertising that attacks, criticizes or demeans any individual race, religion, sex, institution, firm, business, profession, organization, or affectional preferences will not be accepted.
3. Advertiser represents and warrants to Publisher that is has full power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement and to advertise the business or product represented in the advertising copy it submits. Advertiser further represents and warrants to Publisher that the advertising copy it submits will not violate any copyright, trademark, trade name or other proprietary right or otherwise violate the rights of any third party (including but not limited to rights of unfair competition, unfair trade practices, patents, libel, and privacy) or create any liability to any third party.
4. The publisher shall not be liable for slight changes or typographical errors that do not lessen the value of an advertisement. In the event of an error in an advertisement for which the publisher is responsible, its liability shall be limited to republishing the advertisement or refunding such proportion of the entire cost of the advertisement as the space occupied by the error bears to the whole space occupied by such advertisement as it shall elect. The publisher is only liable for the first insertion.
5. The liability of the publisher for failure to publish an advertisement for any reason in the issue specified shall be limited to publishing the advertisement in a subsequent issue at the regular rate. Orders cannot be cancelled after the deadline.
6. The publisher reserves the right to revise rates at any time. Advertisers who have signed written contracts will be given at least 30 days written notice of such revision.
7. The advertiser must pay within 30 days of the billing date for advertisement purchased during a given month. A 1.5% finance charge will be added to all unpaid invoices over 30 days old, and an additional 1.5% charge will accrue every 30 days until the overdue amount is paid in full.
8. Political ads must be paid in advance and must plainly identify the sponsor of the ad.
9. All non-contract display advertisements and inserts must be paid in advance by the space reservation date for any given issue to run in that issue.
10. The advertiser and/or advertising agency shall designate the width in columns and exact depth in inches. Advertisements will be published and billed on the basis of exact space ordered. Ads are made up one pica short (approx. 1/8 inch) except for ads that are full page in length.
11. Minimum advertisement size is 2 column inches (28 lines) and ½ inch increments thereafter. Advertisements 12 inches or more in depth will be set up full column depth (15 inches) and will be billed accordingly.
12. Any and all advertisements or copy changes that are submitted past space and copy deadlines will incur a service charge of $20.00, and will only be accepted as space allows.
13. Specific placement requests can be made for an additional 20% of ad cost. We cannot guarantee placements, and you will not incur this charge if we cannot honor your request.
14. Advertising having the appearance of editorial material must have the word “Advertisement” printed above.
15. Advertising of alcoholic beverages is accepted in accordance with Minnesota State Law.
— No price claims may be made.
— No liquor coupons will be accepted.
16. All ads smaller than one full page will be required to have borders.
17. Advertiser and/or advertising agency will defend, indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to any facts or alleged facts which, if true, would constitute a breach of Advertiser’s representations and warranties.