Como Garage Sale is May 12-15
District 10 Como Park is once again coordinating a community sale weekend from Thursday, May 12, to Sunday, May 15. If you would like to be included in the sale map, please fill out the Como Community Sale Form on the District 10 website before May 5.
The garage sale will be publicized in various venues including District 10’s weekly newsletter and in flyers distributed to some local establishments directing people to find the map at District10ComoPark.org/GarageSale.
Pick Up & Party Event – June 4
The Como Community Council will host a free Pick Up & Party event at Orchard Recreation Center, 875 W Orchard Ave., from 2 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 4. The event will begin with the neighborhood cleanup from Front Street to Como Avenue and Dale Street to the railroad tracks.
Check in at the Rec Center between 2 and 3 p.m. for supplies and the location to start the pickup. After the cleanup, meet back at the recreation center for live music, snacks and yard games. Everyone is invited to this free event—find out more at district10comopark.org/sd4event.
Como licensing notes
• Gabes By The Park, 991 Lexington Parkway: Liquor, entertainment and gambling licenses are up for renewal May 5. Anyone with input should email the Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Essence Event Center, 1217 Bandana Blvd.: Liquor and entertainment licenses are up for renewal May 6. Anyone with input should email the Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: email@example.com.
Renters, homeowners and other community members are always welcome to participate in District 10’s board and committee meetings. You can join them by video conference or by phone.
To obtain links or other access information, send a request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 651-644-3889.
• Neighborhood Relations Committee: Tuesday, May 3
• Land Use Committee: Wednesday, May 4
• Environment Committee: Tuesday, May 10
• Board meeting: Tuesday, May 17
Submitted by Shevek McKee, District 10 Como Community Council executive director.