Join the District 10 Board
Eight seats are up for election in April to the District 10 Como Community Council board.
The board recently made a change to designate board seats for renters, youth (16-24), and seniors (62+). That change begins to roll out in April’s election with one renter seat and one youth seat on the ballot. If you fit these criteria, please consider running.
Board seats up for election in April:
• One representative each from the neighborhood’s four sub-districts.
• Two representatives from the neighborhood at-large.
• One representative from the neighborhood at-large who is a renter.
• One representative from the neighborhood at-large who is a youth (age 16-24).
These positions serve two-year terms, through April 2024. To get on the ballot, apply now at https://bit.ly/D10Application. That’s where you can also learn more about the roles and opportunities of board members. The filing deadline is Sunday April 3.
The election is April 19. If you have any questions or would like to know more about being a board member, go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Como Community Blood Drive Dates
District 10 is again partnering with the American Red Cross and the Como Zoo & Conservatory to host a series of community blood drives at the Zoo. Reservations required. More info and registration link at district10comopark.org/blooddrive.
Upcoming Drive Dates:
• Tuesday, March 1—9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Thursday, May 26– 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 2– 9 am to 3 p.m.
With the pandemic lingering and so many still working from home, workplace blood drives have all but vanished, affecting the Red Cross’ reserve levels. But community blood drives are the perfect opportunity to take a break from the home office or start a trip to the zoo!
Como neighborhood notes
• K&L Sales: The second-hand dealer’s license for this used-car lot at Como Avenue and Arona Street is up for renewal on March 29.
• Como Golf Course & Club House: The facility’s liquor and entertainment licenses are up for renewal April 18. Anyone with input on either license should email the District 10 Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: email@example.com
Submitted by Shevek McKee, District 10 Como Community Council executive director.